Nostalgia In Media Summaries
Write four (4) summaries of the texts:
* Stand By Me (movie)
* Nostalgia by Billy Collins (poem)
* The True Meaning of Nostalgia by Michael Chabon (article)
* The Power of Nostalgia by Cheyne Gallarde (Ted Ed lecture)
Link to each text:
Stand By Me – https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092005/
Nostalgia by Billy Collins – https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/46703/nostalgia-56d226ac3a1dd
The True Meaning of Nostalgia by Michael Chabon – https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-true-meaning-of-nostalgia
The Power of Nostalgia by Cheyne Gallarde – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJZWcKOIZMo
You will write about the salient points of each text without going into specific details. This will likely be a paragraph each, addressing the FOUR ELEMENTS of Fiction. This approach can also be applied to your non-fiction articles/documentary/Ted Talk.
You will then connect each summary to your overall focus ***(the theme is nostalgia)*** by answering the following questions. Your answers here will make specific reference to the text.
* What did I learn from this text about my topic?
* How does it provide a different perspective?
* How does this media connect to the other texts?