Hypothesis Testing: Case Problem PAR Inc.
Watch the Week 2 Introduction Links to an external site.video https://ashford.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/BUS308+%7C+Week+2+Introduction/1_ej73czo3
and read Chapters 9 and 10
Anderson, D. R., Sweeney, D. J., Williams, T. A., Camm, J. D., Cochran, J. J., Fry, M. J., & Ohlmann. J. W. (2021). Essentials of modern business statistics with Microsoft® Excel® (8th ed.). Cengage Learning
Step 1: Read:
• Review Case Problem: PAR Inc. Download Case Problem: PAR Inc.
Step 2: Do:
• Run the t-Test: Two-Sample Assuming Unequal Variances for the Data File Golf (Chapter 10) using the video How to Add Excel’s Data Analysis ToolPak Links to an external site. https://ashford.mediaspace.kaltura.com/media/How+to+add+Excel%27s+Data+Analysis+ToolPak/0_qm214kiv
In a managerial report, use the methods of hypothesis testing to
• Formulate and present the rationale for a hypothesis test that Par could use to compare the driving distances of the current and new golf balls.
• Analyze the data to provide the hypothesis testing conclusion. What is the p-value for your test? What is your recommendation for Par, Inc.?
• Provide descriiptive statistical summaries of the data for each model.
• Explain what the 95% confidence interval is for the population mean driving distance of each model, and explain what the 95% confidence interval is for the difference between the means of the two populations.
• Discuss whether you see a need for larger sample sizes and more testing with the golf balls.
Step 3: Discuss
Based on your hypothesis testing conclusion, what are your recommendations for Par, Inc? Support your recommendations with findings from your managerial report.