Film Noir Q&A
Hello! Please answer the following questions using the sources linked below, as well as the ones attached to this order. Please also properly credit the sources in APA format. Quoted, summarized, and paraphrased content cannot stand alone. Quotes do not speak for themselves. All sourced information must be accompanied by at least 3-4 lines of original text, explaining each line of quoted content. Quoted, summarized, or paraphrased material, derived from a source must always be cited/referenced. Please properly credit the author per APA citation guidelines both in-text and as a reference at the end of the response. Thank you!
1) Give one example in which a contemporary film noir treats race differently than classic film noir would have.
2) How did the Production Code in Hollywood affect the fate of femme fatales?
3) Briefly compare Brigid from The Maltese Falcon with Kitty from The Killers. What makes them femme fatales?
4) Discuss the significance of gender in Sudden Fear, Sunset Boulevard, and The Killers. Is there a clear femme fatale, femme attrape, homme attrape, and homme fatale in each film? If so, identify the character and explain why you are categorizing them as such, or explain which characters most closely approximate these categories but how they deviate from and defy them. Discuss how these films reflect shifting postwar gender norms. Use specific examples and quote dialogue from the films.
5) Why did critics neglect to study film noir for so long, according to Paul Schrader?
6) According to Boozer, how are depictions of the femme fatale in the films of 1980s and 1990s different from the femme fatale of the classic 1940s noir films?